THRiVE After School Programs
When: Mondays -- Thursdays, September 6
-- November 30*, 2017, 3:30 -- 5:00 PM
- *Programs will follow Miami-Dade County Public Schools Academic Calendar regarding holidays & teacher planning days.
Where: Arts Academy of Excellence, located in the Town Center building at 780 Fisherman Street, 2nd Floor, Opa-locka, FL 33054.
Who: Current 3rd to 9th graders. Preference is given to Opa-locka residents.
Why: These 12 week-long after school programs will provide Opa-locka area youth with high quality, interactive instruction in the areas of:
- Music Production & Recording -- Students learn to use music industry production techniques and software in order to create and record their own songs for a personalized CD.
- Visual & Media Arts -- Student learn fundamentals of how to think visually and help set the stage in movies, theatre, live music, and more using traditional media, mixed media, graphic design and digital media.
- Creative Writing: Rhythm Arts Poetry Production -- Students learn poetry and creative writing skills as well as techniques for performing creative works.
- Dance -- Students learn various dance genres, focusing on body awareness, technical facility, vocabulary, expression and personal creativity. Classes are gender neutral.
- Making & Technology -- Students explore evolving technologies such as electronics, virtual reality, urban hacking, 2-D & 3-D design and fabrication.
- CodeMasters: Mobile App Lab -- Students learn the mobile app design and development process and create and code their own Android apps that include high-powered features such as text-to speech, location sensing, camera integration, drawing, speech recognition, and GPS. To apply, please visit www.fefonline/code.
- CodeMasters: Robotics -- Students design and build their own robots and then incorporate coding, computer programming, science and engineering concepts necessary to make their 'bots move and operate. Tutoring is also provided. To apply, please visit www.fefonline/code.
Cost: FREE tuition, materials, and
Dress Code: Students must dress appropriately. Failure to do so may result in not participating in activities or removal from the program.
Attendance: Students must be able to attend all program days. Parents/guardians should notify program staff ASAP if their child will be absent due to sickness or family emergency.
SPACE IS LIMITED, SO APPLY NOW!