THRIVE Music/Maker/Dance (TMMD) Summer Camp
When: Mondays through Fridays, June 19 - July 28, 2017 ~ 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- *Tuesday, July 4 - Camp will be closed in observance of Independence Day
- **Campers will have a final production showcase on either the evening of Friday, July 28, or the afternoon of Saturday, July 29. More details to come.
Where: Arts Academy of Excellence, located in the Town Center building at 780 Fisherman Street, 2nd Floor, Opa-locka, FL 33054.
Who: Rising 6th-8th graders for the 2017-2018 school year are eligible. Preference is given to Opa-locka residents.
Why: TMMD Camp is an exciting new 6-week summer camp to provide Opa-locka area youth with high quality, interactive instruction in the areas of:
- Music Production & Recording -- Students will focus on learning music industry production techniques and software in order to create and record their own songs for a personalized CD.
- Making & Hands-On Tech -- Students will focus on the role of technology in the modern city. They will explore evolving technologies such as
virtual reality, 3D printing, electronics, fabrication, design, upcycling, urban hacking, and game-based learning.
- Dance & Movement Technique -- Students will be introduced to various dance genres, focusing on the development of body awareness, technical facility, vocabulary, expression, and personal creativity. Classes are gender neutral.
Cost: FREE tuition, materials, breakfast, and lunch
Transportation: Students must have their own transportation to/from camp.
Dress Code: Students must dress appropriately for class. Failure to do so may result in not participating in class activities or removal from camp.
- For the dance technique class, all students are expected to wear comfortable white tops (tank tops, t-shirts, or exercise tops that cover the stomach) and black or dark bottoms (athletic shorts, sweat pants, leggings, yoga pants, etc.) suitable for dance, movement, and exercise activities. Students will have short breaks before/after class to change clothes should they choose to wear other appropriate clothing for the remainder of the day.
Attendance: Students must be able to attend all camp days. Parents/guardians should notify camp staff ASAP if their child will be absent due to sickness or family emergency.
Class Size: TMMD Camp features class sizes of up to 10 students max. This allows students to receive in-depth and personal training from top industry professionals in their fields.
SPACE IS LIMITED, SO APPLY NOW!